South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to L.J. Figueroa
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired the returning player rights to L.J. Figueroa from the Santa Cruz Warriors in exchange for South Bay's original 2023 first round pick and the returning player rights to Tremont Waters, it was announced today.
Figueroa (6'6", 200) appeared in 32 NBA G League games (23 starts) with Santa Cruz during the 2021-22 season, averaging 16.6 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 27.6 minutes per game while shooting 48.9 percent from the field. Prior to entering the G League, Figueroa played collegiate basketball at the University of Oregon (2020-21), St. John's University (2018-20) and Odessa College (2017-18).
In 29 games (12 starts) split between South Bay and Wisconsin last season, Waters averaged 12.9 points, 2.2 rebounds and 5.4 assists in 28.3 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 22, 2022
- Grand Rapids Gold Names Andre Miller Head Coach - Grand Rapids Gold
- South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to L.J. Figueroa - South Bay Lakers
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Host Stanford Men's Basketball - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bay Lakers Stories
- South Bay Acquires 2023 First Round Pick and Returning Player Rights to Galen Robinson Jr.
- South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to L.J. Figueroa
- South Bay Acquires 2023 First Round Pick
- South Bay Lakers Announce 2022-23 Schedule
- South Bay's Mason Jones, Mac Mcclung Earn All-NBA G League Honors