Sounders FC Takes Two Players in Waiver Draft
RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Sounders FC selected forward Dwayne Smith and defender Daniel Steres in the 2012 MLS Waiver Draft held on Wednesday afternoon.
Smith, 24, was picked by the New England Revolution third overall in the 2012 Supplemental Draft out of Bethel University. Steres, 21, was picked by Chivas USA ninth in the second round (28th overall) of the 2012 Supplemental Draft out of San Diego State University.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 6, 2012
- Sounders FC Takes Two Players in Waiver Draft - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chivas USA to Host MLS Futbolito on August 19th - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting Kansas City Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Player Development Update - Chicago Fire
- New Start Time Announced for Houston Dynamo vs. FC Dallas Match - Houston Dynamo
- Details Announced for D.C. United Reserve Game vs. Toronto FC - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Trade Danny Mwanga to Portland Timbers - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Acquire Forward Danny Mwanga from Philadelphia - Portland Timbers
- 2012 MLS Futbolito Registration Now Open - D.C. United
- MLS Futbolito Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary - MLS
- MLS Futbolito Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary in Chicago - Chicago Fire
- Lenhart's Late Goal Sends Earthquakes Through to U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Announces 2018 Team Awards
- Alliance Council Unveils Results of 2018 General Manager Vote at Alliance Annual Business Meeting
- Five Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Stefan Frei Wins 2018 MLS Save of the Year
- Sounders FC to Hold 2018 Alliance Annual Business Meeting Tomorrow Evening in the Ninety