Shock Assigned Kenny Spencer
SPOKANE, WA (November 7, 2012) - The Shock have been assigned kicker Kenny Spencer to the 2013 Shock roster after agreeing to a two-year contract for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.
Spencer joined the Shock in 2012 for his rookie AFL season and set a new league single-season record with 138 converted PATs on the season (94.5 conversion percentage). In field goal situations, Spencer converted 4 of 7 attempts with all three misses coming on field goals over 50 yards. For his outstanding performance in the 2012 season, Spencer received all-league honors and was named the AFL Kicker of the Year. After the 2012 season, Spencer spent time with the UFL's Virginia Destroyers.
Prior to joining the Shock, Spencer spent a season with the PIFL's Alabama Hammers where he converted on 9 of 18 field goals (long of 54 yards) and was 55 of 65 on extra point attempts.
"What more can you say about a kicker like Kenny other than that he is automatic. After setting a record in 2012, we are excited to get him back on our roster and are really looking forward to his continued success as one of the top kickers in the AFL," said Shock Head Coach Andy Olson.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from November 7, 2012
- SaberCats Add DB Ken Fontenette, OL Mike Diaz and OL Raymond McNeil - San Jose SaberCats
- Shock Assigned Young and Talley - Spokane Shock
- Shock Assigned Kenny Spencer - Spokane Shock
- Sharks Add Ball-Hawk Tanner Varner in Free Agency - Jacksonville Sharks
- Rodney Gnat Returning to Barnstormers - Iowa Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.