SeaWolves Sign Stay-At-Home Defender Edwin Rojas / GK Hauss Earns High Marks in Guatemala
ORLANDO, FL - The Orlando SeaWolves continue to solidify their back line with the signing of defender Edwin Rojas. Per team and league policies, terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.
Rojas, a three-year veteran of the MASL, spent the 2017/18 season with the Cedar Rapids Rampage, playing in 19 games, scoring three goals and three assists. He played his first two seasons with the Chicago Mustangs, scoring a career-high 14 points in 2016/17. Rojas turned 29 on June 20."As the old saying goes: defense wins championships," said SeaWolves General Manager Chris Kokalis. "Having players with a strong defensive mindset like Edwin has is going to be very important for us in our first season."
Elsewhere, SeaWolves goalkeeper Rainer Hauss split the Mejor Arquero award for best goalkeeper with Chile's Pablo Duque in the Pan American Minifootball Cup in Guatemala City June 7-12, leading Brazil to the semifinals and ultimately a fourth place finish.
Season tickets are on sale now for all 12 Orlando SeaWolves home games starting as low as $10 per game. Go to http://www.orlandoseawolves.com/tickets to reserve yours today.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from June 26, 2018
- SeaWolves Sign Stay-At-Home Defender Edwin Rojas / GK Hauss Earns High Marks in Guatemala - Orlando SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Heat Sign Goalie James Lepetit - Harrisburg Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando SeaWolves Stories
- SeaWolves Sign Two More as Next Tryout Looms
- SeaWolves Announce Major Opponent for First Game
- SeaWolves Sign Stay-At-Home Defender Edwin Rojas / GK Hauss Earns High Marks in Guatemala
- SeaWolves Sign Shut Down Defender Sandoval
- SeaWolves GK Hauss to Represent Brazil in Pan American Cup