SeaWolves Sign Shut Down Defender Sandoval
ORLANDO, FL - The Orlando SeaWolves continue to stock up their inaugural roster with the signing of veteran defender Joshio "Yoshi" Sandoval. Per team and league policies, terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.
Sandoval has missed only three games in his five-year MASL career and his teams have qualified for the playoffs four times. In his rookie season Sandoval helped the Chicago Mustangs to a Ron Newman Cup title. After three seasons with the Mustangs, Sandoval signed as a free agent with the Cedar Rapids Rampage, where he worked the last two seasons with SeaWolves General Manager Chris Kokalis.
This past season, Sandoval scored a career high 12 points and registered only eight penalty minutes in 22 games. The Hammond, Indiana native has been a regular member of the US Arena Soccer National Team and played in the 2017 World Minifootball Federation World Cup in Tunisia.
"Yoshi is as reliable as they come defensively, and he's a good teammate," said Kokalis. "At 28 we feel he is just entering into his prime years."
Season tickets are on sale now for all 12 Orlando SeaWolves home games starting as low as $10 per game. Go to http://www.orlandoseawolves.com/tickets to reserve yours today.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from June 12, 2018
- SeaWolves Sign Shut Down Defender Sandoval - Orlando SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando SeaWolves Stories
- SeaWolves Travel to Lakeland Saturday Night to Take on Tropics
- SeaWolves Host Metro Stars Saturday Night at Silver Spurs Arena
- SeaWolves Host Defending Champion Baltimore Blast Friday
- SeaWolves Host St. Louis in 2018 Home Opener Friday Night
- SeaWolves to Lead off 2018/19 MASL Schedule