SeaWolves Sign Mendoza, Brazilian Trio
ORLANDO, FL - The Orlando SeaWolves today announced the signing of former Orlando City midfielder Jonny Mendoza, pending league approval. Per team and league policies, terms of the agreement will not be disclosed. Making his first foray indoors after a substantial outdoor career, Mendoza comes to the SeaWolves having only just turned 28 in January.
Mendoza was born in Colombia, but graduated from nearby Lyman High School and played for the Stetson Hatters.
He got his professional start with Orlando City U23 and moved up to the senior team before signing with the Rochester Rhinos where he won a USL championship in 2015. Jonny came home in 2016, playing a season for Orlando City B, before embarking on a stint with the Harrisburg City Islanders last year.
Now he's back in Orlando and looking to forge a new path with the expansion SeaWolves. "Jonny's speed and soccer knowledge will be an asset in the arena game," said SeaWolves General Manager Chris Kokalis, "and his championship mindset will shorten our learning curve."
Season tickets are on sale now for all 12 Orlando SeaWolves home games starting as low as $10 per game. Go to http://www.orlandoseawolves.com/tickets%20to%20reserve%20yours%20today.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from May 25, 2018
- SeaWolves Sign Mendoza, Brazilian Trio - Orlando SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando SeaWolves Stories
- SeaWolves Back Home Tonight to Face St. Louis at 7:35pm
- Kids in Free as SeaWolves Host Milwaukee Tonight at Silver Spurs Arena
- SeaWolves Travel to Lakeland Saturday Night to Take on Tropics
- SeaWolves Host Metro Stars Saturday Night at Silver Spurs Arena
- SeaWolves Host Defending Champion Baltimore Blast Friday