Scout Watson Placed on Season-Ending Injury List
TACOMA, WASH. - Reign FC announced today that it has placed goalkeeper Scout Watson on the Season-Ending Injury List due to a concussion she suffered during training on June 12.
Watson joined Reign FC in during the 2019 preseason as a non-roster invitee. She was subsequently signed as National Team Replacement Player on May 22.
"We all feel terrible for Scout - she was performing well in training, so to lose her in this way is awful for her and the squad," said Reign FC head coach Vlatko Andonovski. "Our staff will continue to work with her throughout her recovery and we're hopeful we'll see her back on the pitch next season."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Hoy's Stoppage Time Heroics Lifts Sky Blue FC over Utah Royals FC - Sky Blue FC
- Utah Royals FC Suffers 1-0 Defeat at Sky Blue FC - Utah Royals FC
- Scout Watson Placed on Season-Ending Injury List - Reign FC
- Preview: Orlando Pride Looks for Back-To-Back Wins Sunday in Portland - Orlando Pride
- Storylines | Pride vs. Portland Thorns - Orlando Pride
- NWSL Announces ESPN Broadcast Team - NWSL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.