Scott Fletcher Inks Deal with Toledo
(Toledo, OH) - The Toledo Walleye and head Coach Nick Vitucci announced today that Defenseman Scott Fletcher has agreed to terms for the 2011-12 season.
Fletcher, a native of Detroit, Michigan, appeared in 57 games this past season with Toledo and finished with a team high 179 penalty minutes. Scott set a new career high with 14 points (2g, 12a) this past season.
"Scott brings a lot of energy to lineup as well as a ton of toughness," said Head Coach Nick Vitucci. "He did a nice job for us in all areas as we look for a lot of the same from him this year."
Fletcher has also appeared in 14 AHL games with Providence in 2009-10, his first professional season. He also appeared in 30 games that year with the Reading Royals of the ECHL. In the 2007-08 season, Scott led the Niagara IceDogs with 153 penalty minutes.
The Toledo Walleye will open the 2011-12 season on Saturday, October 15, 2011 vs. Chicago at the Huntington Center. Fans can call (419) 725-WALL or visit www.toledowalleye.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 3, 2011
- Chicago Express Sign Power Forward - Chicago Express
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Chris Donovan - Utah Grizzlies
- Scott Fletcher Inks Deal with Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Renew Affiliation with Toronto and Boston - Reading Royals
- Chorneyko Stays in Colorado, Looks to Build off Strong Rookie Campaign - Colorado Eagles
- John Wroblewski Named 2nd Head Coach in Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Announce Presenting Sponsor for 20th Anniversary Season - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.