Scorpions Sign Fabrice Noel
The San Antonio Scorpions have signed Haitian forward, Fabrice Noel, to a contract for the rest of the 2013 season pending international clearance, Scorpions Head Coach Tim Hankinson announced on Friday.
Noel began his professional playing career in 2001 in his native country of Haiti, playing for Racing Club Haitien, one of the country's most popular and successful clubs. In 2005, the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer offered him a contract, which he signed in June of that year. Noel made his debut for the Rapids just a month later and made 16 appearances total with the Rapids, scoring six goals.
In 2007, Noel joined USL Pro side, Puerto Rico Islanders where he made over 50 appearances between 2007 and 2009, scoring 11 goals over that time span. In 2010 he signed for Shanghai East Asia in the Chinese first division where he made eight appearances in the season.
"The addition of Fabrice brings an explosive, breakaway type of player to the squad in a time when our team needs goals," said Hankinson. "Fabrice is going to be one of those solutions to us and hopefully helps us win many games."
Noel has represented his country on the full international level 10 times while also scoring three goals for Haiti. He was a part of the Haiti squad in the 2007 and 2009 Gold Cup tournaments.
"I feel very lucky to be a part of the Scorpions," said Noel. "We have a lot of good players and I cannot wait to help the team. I'm looking forward to it."
The addition of Noel brings the Scorpions roster up to 22 as they prepare for their next road game in Tampa Bay on June 15th.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from June 7, 2013
- Eddies Continue to Earn Air-Time - FC Edmonton
- Minnesota United FC v Ft. Lauderdale Strikers - Revenge Game - Minnesota United FC
- RailHawks Host Defending Champion Tampa Bay Rowdies on Saturday - North Carolina FC
- Strikers Head Indoors to Face Minnesota on the Road at Metrodome Saturday - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Legends to be Honored at Cosmos Opening Day - New York Cosmos
- Scorpions Sign Fabrice Noel - San Antonio Scorpions
- First-Place Silverbacks Host FC Edmonton - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Rowdies News and Notes - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Scorpions Stories
- Scorpions Soccer Club Thanks Fans for Supporting Soccer for a Cause
- San Antonio Scorpions Owner Gordon Hartman Issues Statement
- Gordon Hartman Issues Statement
- Billy Forbes Returns to Lead the San Antonio Attack in 2016
- Scorpions Part Ways with Head Coach Alen Marcina