Schneider to start Saturday, Linn reassigned
HUNTSVILLE, AL - Tennessee Valley Vipers head coach, Chris Williams, announced today that Ryan Schneider will get the start this week at quarterback and Roger Linn has been placed on reassignment.
Linn had started all four games for the Vipers this season and completed 71-122 passes for 743 yards, nine touchdowns and five interceptions. Schneider saw action in one game and completed 3-8 passes for 28 yards.
The Vipers were assigned quarterback, Kenton Evans and WR/LB Ron Monteilh. Evans (6-4, 205) has played in 19 games in four seasons in af2. He has completed 81-143 passes for 1,295 yards, 29 touchdowns and six interceptions. Monteilh (6-1, 190) played in 34 games at Colorado from 2002-2004 and caught 58 passes for 562 yards and one touchdown.
Williams also activated FB/LB Roger Barnett and OL/DL Shaheed Richardson from short-term injured reserve and placed WR/LB Reggie Glover and FB/LB Eric Knott on short-term injured reserve with shoulder injuries. Wayne Thomas was reassigned.
The Vipers travel to Little Rock, Arkansas to battle the Twisters Saturday before returning home next Saturday to host the Florida Firecats.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 28, 2006
- Memphis dominates Macon, 62-26 - Memphis Xplorers
- af2 week five Saturday night matchup - af2
- Blitz take on Stockton Lightning - Bakersfield Blitz
- Rio Grande Valley Dorados game notes - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Memphis Xplorers game notes - Memphis Xplorers
- Fire to "Heat It Up" against Blizzard - Louisville Fire
- Schneider to start Saturday, Linn reassigned - Alabama Vipers
- Conquest look to pass .500 at home - Albany Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.