Scamurra Earns Player of the Year Award
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The NWHL today announced that Buffalo Beauts forward Hayley Scamurra has been named the NWHLPA Player of the Year for the 2018-19 season.
A year after being named the 2018 NWHL Rookie of the Year, Scamurra has earned the NWHLPA Player of the Year award following her second full NWHL season. The Williamsville, New York native finished the 2018-19 season with a league-leading 20 points (10+10) in 16 games.
In addition to leading all NWHL players in points, Scamurra tied for second in the league with 10 goals and tied for seventh among all NWHL players with 10 assists. Her 73 shots on goal ranked second in the league and her plus-16 rating tied for third-best.
Scamurra was selected by Buffalo in the third round (10th overall) of the 2016 NWHL Draft. Through three seasons with the Beauts, she ranks in the top two in franchise history in goals (T-1st, 18), assists (4th, 17) and points (2nd, 35). A graduate of Nichols School in Buffalo, Scamurra made her NWHL debut in for her hometown team in 2016-17, when she scored one goal in one regular-season game and added four points (1+3) in two playoff games to help the Beauts capture the Isobel Cup. During her collegiate career with Northeastern University (Hockey East), she recorded 111 points (39+72) in 123 games and finished her career tied for 10th among the school's all-time assists leaders.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Scamurra Earns Player of the Year Award - Buffalo Beauts
- Elia Named NWHL Most Valuable Player - Buffalo Beauts
- Bolden Captures NWHL Defender of the Year Award - Buffalo Beauts
- Szabados Selected as Goaltender of the Year - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Brooke Stacey Takes NWHL Goal-Scoring Lead, Buffalo Completes Sweep of Whale
- Pelletier OT Goal Caps Beauts' Comeback in 5-4 Win over the Whale
- Buffalo's Ruggiero Looks to Bring Speed, Scoring Touch to Beauts' Lineup
- Beauts Defender Marie-Jo Pelletier to Raise Funds and Awareness for "The Teacher's Desk" in WNY
- Team Chinese Taipei G Tiffany Hsu Joins Beauts, Becomes NWHL's 100th Player this Season