San Diego Seals, Everbowl and Home of Guiding Hands Introduce Month-Long Healthy Lifestyle and Charity Initiative
(San Diego, CA) - The San Diego Seals, everbowl and Home of Guiding Hands (HGH) are proud to present the Fuel for Movement Healthy Lifestyle Challenge, a month-long campaign that promotes health and raises funds for a great cause. Throughout August, social media-driven content will ask San Diegans how they stay healthy and active, while in-store fundraising at everbowl's 21 San Diego locations will support HGH, a San Diego-based non-profit that serves children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
"We couldn't be more excited to partner with everbowl and Home of Guiding Hands," said Seals President Steve Govett. "This partnership highlights the active, healthy lifestyles lived by San Diegans, and our commitment to our local community. On behalf of the entire organization, I would like to officially welcome everbowl and HGH to the Seals family and can't wait to begin the Fuel for Movement Healthy Lifestyle Challenge!"
To join the challenge, participants must post on social media their answer to the question of the day with the hashtag #Fuel4Movement and tag and follow both the Seals (@SealsLax) and everbowl (@everbowl/@everbowlCraftSuperfood) accounts. The question of the day can be found on social media every Monday, Wednesday and Friday throughout the month of August. Prizes include Seals tickets and merchandise, plus discounts at everbowl.
"In a time of adversity, everbowl wished to partner with our friends at the San Diego Seals and spread positivity within our local community," said Brian Augustine, everbowl Chief Development Officer. "With our customers and fans expressing how they stay happy and incorporate #Fuel4Movement in their daily lives, we hope to fulfill our vision to make friends, have fun, and get healthy. Our vision for the #Fuel4Movement challenge aligns well with our mission to Unevolve, which to us, simply means getting back to eating and living the way Mother Nature intended."
Anyone who visits an everbowl store in San Diego can support and take part in the challenge with a donation to Home of Guiding Hands. Customers who donate will have their name proudly displayed on a Seals jersey cutout in their local everbowl store through the end of August. One hundred percent of donations will go directly to Home of Guiding Hands.
"On behalf of HGH and the over 4,000 children, adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities that we support annually, I couldn't be more thankful and proud to team up with everbowl and the San Diego Seals to improve the lives of those we serve," said Home of Guiding Hands President and CEO Mark Klaus. "The commitment by everbowl and the San Diego Seals, both winners in our community, to give back is so greatly appreciated."
The Fuel for Movement Healthy Lifestyle Challenge starts this Saturday, August 1 on social media and at all 21 everbowl stores in San Diego. Be part of the challenge and show us how you're staying healthy!
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 31, 2020
- Riptide Sign Downs to One-Year Contract - New York Riptide
- Roughnecks Re-Sign Defenceman Mitch Wilde - Calgary Roughnecks
- Riptide Partner with Island Box Lacrosse to Launch Riptide Training Academy - New York Riptide
- San Diego Seals, Everbowl and Home of Guiding Hands Introduce Month-Long Healthy Lifestyle and Charity Initiative - San Diego Seals
- Rush Land Currier & Two First-Round Picks from Wings - Saskatchewan Rush
- Captain Corbeil Re-Signs with Rush - Saskatchewan Rush
- Knighthawks Re-Sign Knight to One-Year Agreement - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Seals Stories
- Harnett, Bernhardt Sign with Seals
- Two-Time NLL Champion Signs with San Diego
- Four Players Inked to Open Free Agency
- San Diego Seals, Everbowl and Home of Guiding Hands Introduce Month-Long Healthy Lifestyle and Charity Initiative
- Seals Re-Sign Captain Brodie Merill