San Diego Fleet Sets Final Roster
SAN ANTONIO, TX - January 30, 2018 - On the final day of its first-ever, league-wide training camp in San Antonio, Texas, the San Diego Fleet has set its final 52-player roster for the inaugural season of The Alliance of American Football.
"There were some very tough decisions we had to make, which is a direct credit to the caliber of player brought in by The Alliance," said Fleet General Manager Dave Boller. "We are very pleased with our final roster and and impressed with this talented group of players. We are all excited for the fans in San Diego to finally get the chance to see us play and for all our efforts to come together for the opener in 10 days."
Head Coach Mike Martz has a roster that includes three quarterbacks in Mike Bercovici (Arizona State), Philip Nelson (East Carolina) and Alex Ross (Coastal Carolina). In addition, the collection includes 14 players who have logged active time in the National Football League: CB Jude Adjei'Barimah (Tampa Bay), DE Alex Barrett (DET), OT Brett Boyko (LAC), CB Ron Brooks (BUF/PHI), LS Ryan DiSalvo (SEA/NYG), TE Gavin Escobar (DAL/BAL/MIA), OG Damien Mama (NYG), LB John Lotulelei (SEA/JAX/OAK), DE Damontre Moore (NYG/MIA/OAK/SEA/DAL), OT Terry Poole (SEA), LB Eric Pinkins (SEA/NYG), LB A.J. Tarpley (BUF), DT Tani Tupou (SEA/ATL) and RB Terrell Watson (PHI/PIT).
The roster also features seven players who played at San Diego State University: Barrett, OT Daniel Brunskill, Escobar, OG Darrell Greene, WR Kameron Kelly, Pinkins and Poole along with nine others who played collegiately in the state of California. Additionally, the group consists of 21 players who are natives of the Golden State.
The average age of the players on the Fleet roster is 24 and half years with the oldest being Brooks (30) and youngest being LB Frank Ginda (21).
The Fleet will travel back to San Antonio for its opening game on Feb. 9 against the Commanders, who are led by former San Diego Chargers Head Coach Mike Riley (1999-2001). First snap is scheduled for 5 p.m. PT at the Alamodome.
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 30, 2019
- January 30, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- San Antonio Commanders Daily Update for Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- Atlanta Legends Set Final Roster for 2019 Inaugural Season Under Head Coach Kevin Coyle - Atlanta Legends
- Salt Lake Stallions Set Final Roster - Salt Lake Stallions
- San Diego Fleet Sets Final Roster - San Diego Fleet
- Memphis Express Set Final Roster - Memphis Express
- Birmingham Iron Set Final Roster - Birmingham Iron
- Arizona Hotshots Set Final Roster - Arizona Hotshots
- Orlando Apollos Set Final Roster - Orlando Apollos
- San Antonio Commanders Set Final Roster - San Antonio Commanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.