January 30, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update
CAMP WRAPS UP: Apollos head coach Steve Spurrier spoke after practice to talk about wrapping up training camp in San Antonio - click here to download his interview.
ROSTER SET: On the final day of The Alliance of American Football's first-ever, league-wide training camp in San Antonio, the Orlando Apollos on Wednesday set their final 52-player roster for the inaugural season.
COMING HOME: The Apollos depart from training camp on Friday morning, have the weekend off and are set to hit the practice field at Camping World Stadium. Practice times and full game-week schedule will be distributed in the near future.
'APOLLOS FOOTBALL WEEKLY' SET TO DEBUT: 'Apollos Football Weekly,' the Apollos weekly radio show, will be taped live at Topgolf Orlando on Thursday, January 31 at 7:00 p.m. The first edition features members of the Apollos radio team, plus exclusive interviews from training camp with head coach Steve Spurrier and general manager Tim Ruskell. Fans are welcome to come join the show and could win some prizes! Tune in to the show airing Friday nights on Real Radio 104.1 FM at 7:30 pm.
NUMBERS TO KNOW:
52 - Players that will make up the active roster for the regular season
28 - Number of colleges represented on the Apollos roster
9 - Number of colleges in Florida represented on the Apollos roster
5 - Number of UCF Knights that will play professional football in their college stadium, UCF's Spectrum Stadium and the home of the Orlando Apollos
10 - Days until the Apollos' Launch Game February 9 at 8 p.m. against the Atlanta Legends, broadcast on CBS
8pm - Game time for four of the five Apollos' home games at Spectrum Stadium
Read more from Apollos training camp on OrlandoApollos.com
The Orlando Apollos team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio is the University of the Incarnate Word - all practices are open to the public.
A member of The Alliance of American Football, the Orlando Apollos are led by an experienced professional coaching, playing and front office staff featuring head coach Steve Spurrier, team president Mike Waddell and general manager Tim Ruskell.
The Apollos compete in The Alliance of American Football with the Atlanta Legends, Birmingham Iron, Memphis Express, Arizona Hotshots, Salt Lake Stallions, San Antonio Commanders and San Diego Fleet. The name Orlando Apollos is inspired by Apollo, Greek god of the sun, who is often depicted as an archer. The Apollos' colors are derived from two shades of orange which are reflective of the warm Florida sunshine that is common to Orlando and central Florida, and the color navy also pays respect to the Apollo Space mission and the entire Florida Space Coast. The Apollos' arrow points east toward Florida.
Orlando Apollos' home games will be played at Spectrum Stadium. Fans can purchase season tickets for as low as $75 at www.orlandoapollos.com or by calling 833-AAF-2019. Apollos game day parking is also now on sale. For more information on the Apollos, visit the team's website and be sure to follow The Apollos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 30, 2019
- January 30, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- San Antonio Commanders Daily Update for Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- Atlanta Legends Set Final Roster for 2019 Inaugural Season Under Head Coach Kevin Coyle - Atlanta Legends
- Salt Lake Stallions Set Final Roster - Salt Lake Stallions
- San Diego Fleet Sets Final Roster - San Diego Fleet
- Memphis Express Set Final Roster - Memphis Express
- Birmingham Iron Set Final Roster - Birmingham Iron
- Arizona Hotshots Set Final Roster - Arizona Hotshots
- Orlando Apollos Set Final Roster - Orlando Apollos
- San Antonio Commanders Set Final Roster - San Antonio Commanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Apollos Stories
- Statement from the Orlando Apollos
- Two Orlando Apollos, Fleet DB Earn Week Eight Alliance Honors
- Apollos first in The Alliance to clinch a playoff spot after 36-6 rout of Legends
- Desperate Hotshots Hold off Apollos
- Hotshots hand Apollos their first loss of the season, 22-17