San Diego-Based Kings & Convicts Brewing Co. Named Official Craft Beer Sponsor of San Diego Seals
SAN DIEGO - It was announced today that Kings & Convicts Brewing Co., the locally-based independent craft brewery and parent company of Ballast Point, has been named the 2021-22 official craft beer sponsor of the San Diego Seals. The partnership kicks off this Friday, December 3rd with the home opener of the San Diego Seals versus the Vancouver Warriors at Pechanga Arena in Point Loma. Kings & Convicts' Hougoumont Pilsner and Crouchback King Pale Ale will be available for purchase on draft during all home games.
Co-founded by Englishman, COO, and head brewer, Chris Bradley, and Aussie and CEO, Brendan Watters, Kings & Convicts is known for its irreverent grit as a brand - one that celebrates fellowship and the shared love of storytelling over great beers. Officially moving headquarters and brewing operations to San Diego in 2020 after its purchase of Ballast Point, Kings & Convicts immediately began placing an emphasis on engaging the local community and reestablishing a connection to the birthplace of Ballast Point through the support of local programs and activations, charitable endeavors, and live sports team sponsorships - both through Ballast Point and now through its own individual brand with its first San Diego sponsorship.
"Chris (Bradley, COO) and I are both huge fans of lacrosse, so we're thrilled to have Kings & Convicts support this professional NLL team in San Diego as the official craft beer sponsor," said Kings & Convicts CEO Brendan Watters. "Our beers are crafted with sharing a few with friends on the sidelines in mind."
In addition to Kings & Convicts' draft beer offerings during the 2021-22 season, a limited-edition, San Diego Seals co-branded beer will be released on draft in 2022, expanding Kings & Convicts' portfolio and furthering the alliance between the partners.
"When you think of the NLL, you think of fast-paced, high-scoring, hard-hitting action," said San Diego Seals President, Steve Govett. "Kings & Convicts beers hit hard - in a good way - and will be enjoyed by Seals fans across San Diego and beyond."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from December 2, 2021
- San Diego-Based Kings & Convicts Brewing Co. Named Official Craft Beer Sponsor of San Diego Seals - San Diego Seals
- Game Preview: Warriors vs Seals - San Diego Seals
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Plays Inaugural Game at Philadelphia - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Bandits Open 2021-22 Season against Calgary at Home - Buffalo Bandits
- New York Riptide Announce Broadcast Partners and Schedule for 2021-22 National Lacrosse League Season - New York Riptide
- Knighthawks Renew Broadcast Agreement with iHeartMedia for 2021-22 Season - Rochester Knighthawks
- Georgia Swarm Partners with Peachtree TV to Broadcast Live Home and Away Games During 2021-22 NLL Season - Georgia Swarm
- Week 1 Matchup Preview - FireWolves at Rock - Albany FireWolves
- Reloaded Mammoth Squad Opens 2021-22 Season December 4 - Colorado Mammoth
- Seals, FOX 5 San Diego Renew Broadcast Partnership - San Diego Seals
- National Lacrosse League Faces off this Weekend with Largest Coverage Footprint in Its History - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.