San Antonio Commanders' Logan Woodside Named Alliance of American Football Offensive Player of the Week
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - San Antonio Commanders quarterback Logan Woodside has been named the Alliance of American Football's week five offensive player of the week, it was announced Tuesday afternoon.
Woodside's plaudit makes it back-to-back offensive players of the week for the Commanders as running back Kenneth Farrow II was honored for his single-game rushing record after week four.
Offensive player of the week: San Antonio QB Logan Woodside. Woodside, a product of the University of Toledo, completed 21 of 27 passes (77.8 percent) for 290 yards with two touchdowns and one interception for a 120.7 passer rating while leading The Commanders to a 29-25 week five victory. Woodside's hot first half got The Commanders off to a fast start, completing 12 of his first 13 pass attempts (92.3 percent) for 192 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a perfect 158.3 passer rating.
Defensive player of the week: San Diego DB Kameron Kelly. Kelly set an Alliance single- game record with three interceptions in The Fleet's 27-25 win last week. Kelly, who returned one of his three interceptions for a 22-yard touchdown, also had four passes defensed and tied for second on the team with six tackles.
Special teams player of the week: Atlanta K Younghoe Koo. Koo converted all three of his field goal attempts, including makes from 25, 35 and 38 yards, in leading Atlanta to a 23-20 victory in week five. With the score tied at 20 late in the fourth quarter, Koo made a game- winning 35-yard field goal with nine seconds remaining in regulation. The South Korean-born Koo is a perfect 11-for-11 on the season.
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from March 12, 2019
- San Antonio Commanders Travel to Atlanta Legends on Sunday, March 17 - San Antonio Commanders
- San Antonio Commanders Announce Transactions - San Antonio Commanders
- SD's Kelly Named AAF Defensive Player of the Week - San Diego Fleet
- San Antonio Commanders' Logan Woodside Named Alliance of American Football Offensive Player of the Week - San Antonio Commanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Commanders Stories
- Big Plays Earn Three Standouts Week 6 AAF Player of the Week Honors
- San Antonio Commanders Finish Road Trip with 37-6 Win over Atlanta
- San Antonio Commanders Waive College Allocation Rights of Johnny Manziel
- San Antonio Commanders Travel to Atlanta Legends on Sunday, March 17
- San Antonio Commanders Announce Transactions