Salmon Kings to Face Aces in Western Conference Finals
Victoria, BC -- The Victoria Salmon Kings, proud affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks and Manitoba Moose, announced today that the team will open their first trip in club history to the Western Conference Finals against the Alaska Aces this Wednesday, April 27th.
The best-of-seven Western Conference Finals is a 2-3-2 format with the Salmon Kings hosting games 3, 4 and 5 at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. The first two and final two games of the series will take place at the Sullivan Arena in Anchorage.
Alaska earned home ice advantage in this series by finishing first in the Western Conference and ECHL standings, while the Salmon Kings completed the 2010-11 regular season in seventh place in the Western Conference.
The Salmon Kings finished the season series against the Aces with a 5-7-0-1 record, which included a 3-3-0-0 mark at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre and a 2-4-0-1 record on the road.
This Western Conference Final series will mark the third time Victoria and Alaska have met in the Kelly Cup Playoffs. The Salmon Kings fell to the Aces in their first ever postseason series in the 2007 Kelly Cup Playoffs, while Alaska also downed Victoria in five games in Round Two of a 2009 postseason matchup.
Third round tickets for games 3, 4 and 5 will go on sale this Wednesday, April 27th at 9:30 a.m. Tickets are available for $5 in the upper end sections, while $10 tickets will be available for lower end sections and upper corner sections. Side sections and lower corner sections can be purchased for $15, while club seats will be available for $20. Tickets will be available in person at the Select Your Tickets Box Office, over the phone at 250-220-7777 or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
Additionally, the first 200 fans that purchase a Round 3 ticket in person on Wednesday morning will receive a free Marty the Marmot bobblehead.
The Salmon Kings are also offering fans who purchased tickets for Game 5 tonight versus Utah the option of exchanging it for any home date of the Western Conference Finals against the Aces. Fans who wish to receive a refund who ordered their tickets over the phone or via the internet will have their tickets refunded automatically to the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets. Any patron who purchased their tickets in person from any Select Your Tickets Outlet must return their tickets in person for a full refund. Please contact Select Your Tickets at 250-220-7777 for more information.
SALMON KINGS vs. ALASKA
Game 1 @ Alaska Wednesday, April 27th 8:15 p.m. Sullivan Arena
Game 2 @ Alaska Thursday, April 28th 8:15 p.m. Sullivan Arena
Game 3 @ Victoria Saturday, April 30th 7:05 p.m. Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
Game 4 @ Victoria Monday, May 2nd 7:05 p.m. Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
Game 5 @ Victoria Wednesday, May 4th 7:05 p.m. Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
Game 6 @ Alaska Saturday, May 7th 8:15 p.m. Sullivan Arena
Game 7 @ Alaska Sunday, May 8th 8:15 p.m. Sullivan Arena
* ALL TIMES LISTED ARE PDT
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 23, 2011
- Greenville Extends Series With Win in Game Five - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Thwart Nailers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Salmon Kings to Face Aces in Western Conference Finals - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Aces Announce Conference Finals Series Schedule - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Countdown to Faceoff: Game 5 Tonight at WesBanco Arena - Wheeling Nailers
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - April 23 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Schedule Announced for ECHL Western Conference Finals - ECHL
- ECHL Today - April 23 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Advance to First Conference Final, Game 5 Ticket Rollover Available - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Salmon Kings Advance to Western Conference Final - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Grizzlies Season Ends in Double-Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - April 22 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.