Rush Fullback Boss Named Russell Offensive Player of the Week
Chicago Rush fullback Robert Boss has been named the Arena Football League's Russell Athletic Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in the team's 55-42 win over Orlando Saturday night, the AFL announced today.
In addition to providing excellent blocking for Rush QB Russ Michna, Boss caught four passes for 60 yards and two touchdowns, and rushed for nine yards and a TD on six carries.
The win, combined with Milwaukee's loss to Spokane, moved the Rush (9-3) two games ahead of the Iron (7-5) for first place in the AFL's Midwest Division with just four games remaining in the regular season.
So far this season Boss has rushed for 111 yards and 10 touchdowns, and caught 14 passes for 157 yards and five TDs. His 15 total touchdowns are tied for the team lead with wide receivers Nichiren Flowers and Samie Parker.
The Rush is back on the road this week, kicking off the July 4 weekend by taking on the Tampa Bay Storm (8-3) at the St. Pete Times Forum this Friday, July 2 at 7 p.m. The game matches two of the top teams in the league and will be featured as the AFL Game of the Week on the NFL Network.
Chicago returns to Allstate Arena Saturday, July 10, to host the Arizona Rattlers at 7 p.m. Good seats for the game remain available. Fans wishing to purchase tickets should call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or visit the Ticketmaster Web site at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets - which range in price from $10 to $60 - also may be purchased in person at any Ticketmaster outlet or the Allstate Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 29, 2010
- BattleWings to Celebrate Fire Fighters - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- AFL Honors Edwards - Tampa Bay Storm
- Week 14 Game Notes - Utah Blaze
- Talons Linebacker Honored With Highlight Of The Week - Tulsa Talons
- Rush Fullback Boss Named Russell Offensive Player of the Week - Chicago Rush
- Edwards, Boss And Hyland Earn Week 12 Honors - AFL
- Chicago Rush Back on the Road - Chicago Rush
- Sharks Host Vipers for Freedom Night - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.