Romero and Hamburger Named to All-Defensive Team
(New Britain, Conn.) - The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB) today announced that Bees third baseman Deibinson Romero and pitcher Mark Hamburger have been named to the Red, White and Blue All-Defensive Team. Players were selected through voting from league club managers and executives.
"We're glad to see Deibinson and Mark receive these honors," says Bees General Manager Brad Smith. "They worked very hard this past season and gave it their all every time they took the field."
Deibinson Romero led the Atlantic League with 103 games played at third base, while posting a league high .947 fielding percentage (among qualified participants), 183 assists, and 14 double plays turned at the hot corner. Romero also collected 66 putouts, ranking second in the league at the position.
Mark Hamburger paced the Atlantic League with a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage, 17 putouts, and three double plays turned on the mound. He also collected 17 assists in his 21 games, over which he totaled 127.0 innings pitched.
The entire 2018 Atlantic League All-Defensive Team can be viewed. The Atlantic League Player of the Year, Pitcher of the Year, Gold Glove Defensive Player of the Year, and Manager of the Year will be announced tomorrow. Other club honors will be announced next week.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from October 10, 2018
- Darian Sandford Named to All-Defense Team - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Romero and Hamburger Named to All-Defensive Team - New Britain Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Britain Bees Stories
- Bees Close Out Winning Campaign With Convincing Triumph Over Patriots
- Patriots Win Knocks Bees Out Of The Playoff Picture
- Historic Evening In The Garden State Keeps Bees Playoff Hopes Alive
- Bees Keep Rockers Champagne On Ice For At Least One More Night
- Rockers Win Deals Bees Crushing Blow To Playoff Hopes