Robinson Sends Storm to 5th Straight Win
(Charlottetown, PE) With the shot-clock turned off and the Island STORM with the basketball, Brandon Robinson took a pass from Nick Okorie and nailed a 3 ball from the top of the key with 1.7 seconds left to give the STORM a thrilling 103-100 win over the Saint John Mill Rats at Harbour Station on a very chilly Thursday night. The win gives the STORM 5 in a row and a record of 12-6 atop the Atlantic Division standings of the NBL Canada. The Mill Rats fall to 7-12.
The STORM also set a NBL Canada record by being the first team to score 100 or more points in 13 straight games.
It was a big night for Robinson as he scored 28 points to go with 11 rebounds for a double-double. Nick Okorie scored 17 and handed out 9 assists while Bill Rush had 14 points and 8 boards and Nick Evans 12 and 9.
Jeremy Williams scored 29 points and grabbed 9 rebounds to lead the Mill Rats.
The STORM held a 50-49 lead at halftime.
Next action for the STORM comes up this Sunday afternoon at 2pm at Eastlink Centre in Charlottetown as the Mississauga Power make their first and only regular season visit to PEI. Tickets for Sundays game are on sale at the Eastlink Centre Box office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 8, 2015
- Windsor Honour Ford V-8s with Decisive Win - Windsor Express
- Express Roll Through A's - Orangeville A's
- Robinson's Three Pointer Sinks Mill Rats - Saint John Riptide
- Robinson Sends Storm to 5th Straight Win - Island Storm
- Join the Power as a Sales Account Representative - Mississauga Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.