River Kings Re-Sign Offensive Weapon
CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA - The Cedar Rapids River Kings have re-signed wide receiver Javon Bell to its 2019 roster.
Bell (6'1, 185) was second on the team last season in receptions (55 receptions), receiving yards (564), all purpose yards (780), scoring (14 touchdowns, 86 points) and kick return average (16.6). He was also third on the team in kick return yardage (199).
Bell led the team in week 13 with 10 receptions for 104 yards and two touchdowns in a Cedar Rapids 34-27 win over the Green Bay Blizzard.
The former Texas Tech Red Raider racked up 269 yards on 17 receptions in just four games. He started two games for Texas Tech and averaged 67.2 receiving yards per game before suffering a season-ending injury and missing the final eight games of the season.
Prior to Texas Tech, Bell attended Mississippi Gulf Coast where he was a two-time All-American for the Bulldogs, recording 69 receptions, 939 yards, and 10 touchdowns his sophomore season. As a freshman he caught 46 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.
Bell went to Ribault High School in Jacksonville, Florida.
Images from this story
Cedar Rapids River Kings wide receiver Javon Bell
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 30, 2018
- River Kings Sign Big-Man Cain - Cedar Rapids River Kings
- Arizona Rattlers Single Game Tickets Go on Sale December 3rd - Arizona Rattlers
- River Kings Re-Sign Offensive Weapon - Cedar Rapids River Kings
- IFL Announces 2018 Coaches Meetings - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cedar Rapids River Kings Stories
- River Kings Start Road Trip at Nebraska
- River Kings Fall to Bismarck
- River Kings Fall to Bismarck, 40-25
- River Kings Look to Break Skid against Winless Bismarck
- Cedar Rapids Falls to San Diego, 40-34