River Kings Add a New Face on Defense
CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA - The Cedar Rapids River Kings have signed defensive back Rick Rumph to the 2019 roster.
The 5'11, 185-pound cornerback joins Defensive Coordinator Joey Smith's growing group of talented defensive backs, including Cedric Dozier, who was with the franchise last season. Rumph had signed with the franchise prior to last season but was unable to report to Cedar Rapids due to family matters.
Rumph was signed with the Salt Lake City Screaming Eagles during the 2017 season as a rookie. He played college football at West Virginia University, helping lead the Mountaineers to earn a berth in the Liberty Bowl in 2014. As a senior Rumph racked up 22 total tackles, one tackle for loss, and one interception. He is originally from Daytona Beach, Florida.
Images from this story
Defensive back Rick Rumph with West Virginia University
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 24, 2018
- Barnstormers Announce Dance and Promo Team Tryouts - Iowa Barnstormers
- River Kings Add a New Face on Defense - Cedar Rapids River Kings
- Storm Ink All-IFL Quarterback - Sioux Falls Storm
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Add Three Players - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cedar Rapids River Kings Stories
- River Kings Fall to Bismarck
- River Kings Fall to Bismarck, 40-25
- River Kings Look to Break Skid against Winless Bismarck
- Cedar Rapids Falls to San Diego, 40-34
- River Kings April 20th Game Time Announced