Riptide to Host Cystic Fibrosis Night on Saturday, March 18 with Proceeds Benefiting the Boomer Esiason Foundation
March 13, 2023 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - New York Riptide News Release
NEW YORK - New York Riptide announced today details for the 2nd annual Cystic Fibrosis Night at Nassau Coliseum on Saturday, March 18 when the Riptide host the Albany Firewolves at 7:30p.m. The Riptide have partnered with the Boomer Esiason Foundation (BEF) and Westhampton Beach Brewing Co. to raise awareness and resources for the cystic fibrosis community.
"Our entire organization is honored to have the opportunity to further elevate and educate the battle against cystic fibrosis," said Rich Lisk, General Manager and Executive Vice President, New York Riptide. "We are extremely grateful to partner with the Boomer Esiason Foundation to raise awareness for CF with the support of the Westhampton Beach Brewing Co., both of which proudly represent the Long Island community."
"For nearly 30 years, BEF has raised money and awareness for the cystic fibrosis community," said Boomer Esiason. "We are thankful for the support from our friends at the New York Riptide and Westhampton Beach Brewing Co. in bringing 'Cystic Fibrosis Night' to life at the Nassau Coliseum for the second consecutive year."
A pre-game reception will be held at 6:00 p.m. in the Grand Thornton Lounge inside Nassau Coliseum. Boomer Esiason will be a special guest at the pre-game reception and will also participate in the ceremonial ball drop.
Each ticket will include reception entry, game ticket and food (beverages and auction bids not included). Auction items will be provided by the New York Riptide, Westhampton Beach Brewing Co., and Boomer Esiason Foundation. Proceeds from tickets and auction will go towards the BEF in their work to support the cystic fibrosis community.
The Riptide will unveil an exclusive, custom-designed BEF jersey that will be worn by the Riptide players when they host the Firewolves on Saturday, March 18. Following the game, the jerseys will be signed by Esiason, WFAN Morning Show co-host Gregg Giannotti and the players to then be available for auction on March 22 (more information on auction coming soon).
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 13, 2023
- Warriors to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day on March 17 - Vancouver Warriors
- Game Preview: San Diego Seals vs. Vancouver Warriors - San Diego Seals
- Knighthawks and Veterans Outreach Center Partner to Host Military Salute Knight - Rochester Knighthawks
- Wings Fall Flat in Loss to Riptide - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock Acquire Greg Downing from Albany for Draft Pick - Toronto Rock
- Albany FireWolves Trade Greg Downing to Toronto Rock - Albany FireWolves
- Riptide to Host Cystic Fibrosis Night on Saturday, March 18 with Proceeds Benefiting the Boomer Esiason Foundation - New York Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Riptide Stories
- Riptide to Host Cystic Fibrosis Night on Saturday, March 18 with Proceeds Benefiting the Boomer Esiason Foundation
- Riptide Acquire Forward Mike Burke from Colorado Mammoth
- New York Riptide to Sign Proud Lacrosse Grandmother Rose Walker to One-Day Honorary Contract
- New York Riptide to Host Hometown Heroes Night on Saturday, January 28 at Nassau Coliseum
- Riptide Acquire Long Island-Native Petey Lasalla, Colton Lidstone, Kevin Orleman and Future NLL Draft Picks