Riders Take Game 1 from Missions
FRISCO - Ariel Jurado continued his mastery of the Missions as the Roughrider right-hander helped Frisco to a 4-3 win in the series opener Wednesday night at Dr. Pepper Ballpark.
Jurado pitched into the eighth inning and was charged with a pair of unearned runs.
In four starts against San Antonio this year he has allowed three earned runs in 28 innings and owns a lifetime 2.36 ERA in 13 career starts against Mission clubs.
Jacob Nix came off the DL for the Missions and made his first appearance since June 20.
Nix struggled throughout his start before being lifted in the fifth inning after giving up a pair of hits.
Nix allowed a season-high nine hits as well as a season-high four runs. He had surrendered only four runs over his first five starts before hitting the D.L.
San Antonio plated three runs in the eighth after Jurado departed.
Ty France swatted a mammoth two-run homer to left to cut the deficit to 4-3.
Garrett Reed worked a 1-2-3 ninth to register his ninth save with the Roughriders.
Outfielder Buddy Reed made his Double-A debut with San Antonio and finished 0-for-4 on the night.
NEXT: LH Logan Allen (8-4, 2.78) vs. RH Tyler Davis (1-6, 5.84) 7:05 PM
KONO 860 AM
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Naturals Overpowered by Drillers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Drillers Blast Four Homers in Big Win - Tulsa Drillers
- Thursday's Riders Game Postponed - Frisco RoughRiders
- Carlos Martinez Bobbleheads, Dogs at the Ballpark this Homestand - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Home July 15-18 for Brief Homestand - Tulsa Drillers
- Riders Take Game 1 from Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Thomas Swats 9th Inning Home Run, Travs Escape with 3-2 Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Two Homers Give Travs Homestand Opening Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Seven-Run Fourth Secures Naturals Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Hooks Hammer Hounds in Series Opener - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.