Reign FC Sign Ifeoma Onumonu
Tacoma, WA - Reign FC has signed forward Ifeoma Onumonu as a National Team Replacement Player. Per league and club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We're looking forward to having Ifeoma join the team," Reign FC head coach Vlatko Andonovski said. "I think she is a player who will help us during the World Cup and hopefully beyond."
Onumonu was waived by the Portland Thorns on May 8. The forward made eight appearances for Portland last season, having been acquired in the dispersal draft after her rookie season with the Boston Breakers.
Prior to the NWSL, Onumonu played collegiately for the Cal Golden Bears, earning the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year award in 2012. The forward scored 33 goals in 82 career games and was named to the All Pac-12 First Team and the NSCAA All-Pacific First Team in 2012 and 2016.
"It feels really good to join Reign FC," Onumonu said. "Honestly, to me it's a new beginning with an amazing club. All I want is an opportunity to show what I've got and hopefully contribute to the team's success. All in all, I'm ready to work."
Onumonu will be available for selection for Reign FC's match against Sky Blue FC on Saturday, May 18.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Sam Kerr Named NWSL Player of the Week - Chicago Red Stars
- This Week at RSL - Utah Royals FC
- Kennedy, Van Egmond Named to Australia's 2019 World Cup Roster - Orlando Pride
- Reign FC Sign Ifeoma Onumonu - Reign FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reign FC Stories
- Reign FC Announces 2020 NWSL Home Opener
- Megan Rapinoe Named to USWNT Training Camp Roster Ahead of SheBelieves Cup
- Lauren Barnes Re-Signs with Reign FC for 2020 Season
- Reign FC Re-Signs Jess Fishlock in Two-Year Deal
- Bev Yanez Announces Her Retirement from Professional Soccer