Reese Named Dinger Bats TCL Player of the Week
Jace Reese of the Texas Marshals has been named Dinger Bats Player of the Week for week two of the Texas Collegiate League season. Reese erupted to bat .520 (13-for-25) with six runs and eight RBI in the Marshals' six games last week.
Reese, who saw time at first base, left field, and designated hitter, posted five extra-base hits, including two home runs, for a league-leading .920 slugging percentage during that span. The Cisco College sophomore posted a hit and a run in each game during the week, including four straight multi-hit contests. His .400 batting average on the season is now fourth in the league, and his two home runs tie him for the TCL lead.
Reese has signed with West Texas A&M University to continue his collegiate playing career in the fall.
Reese and the Marshals have Monday and Tuesday off before returning to action on Wednesday in a doubleheader with the Acadiana Cane Cutters. The first game will start at 5:00pm at Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas.
Fans can purchase tickets for Wednesday night's game, along with all of the Marshals remaining home games this season, by calling the front office at 855-808-7529.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from June 9, 2014
- Eight Current, Former Bombers Selected in MLB Draft - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Reese Named Dinger Bats TCL Player of the Week - Texas Marshals
- Pump Jacks Fall in Pitching Duel - East Texas PumpJacks
- Bombers Win Rematch with East Texas 2-0 - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Generals Bounce Back with Big Win - Victoria Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.