Reading Railers Win Opening-Round Playoff Game
Reading, PA - March 19th, 2008 - Yesterday, the Railers won their first playoff game in the history of the franchise by defeating Jacksonville, 136-120 at the Attack Athletics Center in Chicago.
Reading shot 17-for-34 from beyond the arc for the game. One of the more recent additions to the team, Karim Smith, was 3-for-3 from three-point land.
While the Railers' more recent success came from stingy defense, yesterday they adjusted to Jacksonville's uptempo game and had their best shooting day of the season, shooting almost 60 percent from the field.
Reading Central Catholic grad Jared Mills was the leading scorer with 25 points. Center Aaron Williams proved once again why he leads the league in rebounding with 10 boards.
The Railers will play Maryland today in Chicago at 12pm. The winner advances to the conference finals against the Razorsharks at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester. The game will be held at 7pm Thursday night.
For more information, call 610-898-9466 or email email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from March 19, 2008
- Riverhawks Host Arkansas Impact In West Division Championship Game - Quad City Riverhawks
- Reading Railers Head To The Eastern Division Championship - Reading Railers
- Razorsharks To Attend "ROC City Rising 2008" - Rochester RazorSharks
- Razorsharks To Battle The Railers For The East Division Crown - Rochester RazorSharks
- Four move on in PBL playoffs - PBL
- Reading Railers Win Opening-Round Playoff Game - Reading Railers
- Nighthawks Upset Wilmington 125-112 in First Round of Playoffs, Advance - Maryland NightHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.