Rampage trade Carr for Caldwell and future considerations
The Grand Rapids Rampage have completed a trade with the Orlando Predators which will bring lineman Cecil Caldwell and future considerations to the Rampage in exchange for lineman William Carr.
Caldwell (61, 285, South Carolina) began his AFL career with the Los Angeles Avengers in 2003, but he has found most of his success with the Orlando Predators during the 2004-05 seasons. In his third year, Caldwell currently has seven tackles on the year, which ties his total for all of last season.
In 2004, Caldwell suffered some injuries and was on the injured reserve list for much of the season. In six games, he had seven tackles and one pass breakup for the Predators. With the Avengers in 2003, he played in just one game but posted half a tackle for a loss in his first AFL appearance. Signed as an un-drafted free agent in 2001with the Cleveland Browns, he was put on injured reserve and then allocated to the Berlin Thunder of the NFL Europe for the 2002 season.
With the South Carolina Gamecocks, Caldwell appeared in 42 games, was a three-year starter and recorded 189 career tackles and 14.5 sacks. As a senior, he was elected as team captain and tallied 37 tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
Caldwell will join the Rampage for Wednesdays practice at the Soccer Spot in Kentwood, Michigan and is expected to play this Sunday when the Nashville Kats come to town for a 2:30pm kickoff, which can be seen live through the state of Michigan on Fox Sports Detroit.
At the game, Detroit Lions rookie sensation Kevin Jones, who rushed for over 1,000 yards last season, will be signing FREE autographs for one hour prior to kickoff. Frisbee dogs will be preforming before the game and at halftime. Also, the game is the final Subway Family Four Pack of the season - for just $49 you will receive: 4 tickets, 4 Subway meals and parking at Van Andel Arena. Call 616.559.1871 for more details.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from March 30, 2005
- San Jose SaberCats game notes - San Jose SaberCats
- Gladiators to hold dodgeball championship sponsored by Club Sport after game on Friday, April 8 - Las Vegas Gladiators
- The OSC interview: Austin Wranglers GM Glyn Milburn - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Drive to ArenaBowl XIX Las Vegas kicks into high gear - AFL I
- San Jose hopes to continue championship trend - AFL I
- Georgia Force trade for AFL top offensive weapon Chris Jackson - Georgia Force
- Storm make deadline deals - Tampa Bay Storm
- Kats Acquire All-Ironman Toliver In Trade With Storm - Nashville Kats
- Philadelphia Soul game notes - Philadelphia Soul
- Arizona Rattlers game notes - Arizona Rattlers
- Chicago Rush game notes - Chicago Rush
- Las Vegas Gladiators game notes - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Gladiators comeback effort falls short to San Jose, 81-75 - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Rampage trade Carr for Caldwell and future considerations - Grand Rapids Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Rampage Stories
- Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz Hold Open Player Tryout in Grand Rapids
- Former Rampage Player Leif Murphy Back with the IFL's Storm
- Rage Dance Team Pom & Dance Challenge
- Rage Dance Team to Perform at Davenport Basketball Games
- AFL Suspends 2009 Season; Rampage Prepare for Future