Rainmen Struck by Lightning
The Halifax Rainmen fell to the London Lightning on Thursday evening at the John Labatt Centre by a score of 111-94.
The leading scorer for the Rainmen was Justin Johnson with 22 points, going 6-7 from the three-point line. Joey Haywood added 21 points in the loss, while Taliek Brown followed with 14.
Leading the Lightning was Gabe Freeman with 23 points and 12 rebounds, followed by Shamari Spears with 18. Rodney Buford and Shawn Daniels had 16 points each. The unofficial box score statistics can be found at www.dakstats.com.
The Rainmen will play their next game at the Halifax Metro Centre on Saturday at 7 p.m. against the Quebec Kebs. Fans who donate a non-perishable food item or cash donation to FEED NOVA SCOTIA will receive a voucher for a free ticket to any remaining 2012 regular season game of choice. The Rainmen will also match up against the Summerside Storm on their home court this Sunday at 2 p.m.
Tickets for Saturday and Sunday's the New Years Day game are available at Ticket Atlantic locations and at the Metro Centre Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 19, 2012
- Rainmen Struck by Lightning - Halifax Rainmen
- Oshawa Power and Rogers Slam Dunk Day Sold Out - Mississauga Power
- Making Noise for a Great Cause - Halifax Rainmen
- Rogers Game Day Sunday - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse