Making Noise for a Great Cause
(Halifax, NS) The Halifax Rainmen and Rogers Communications are hoping that Nova Scotia basketball fans will make some noise in support of FEED NOVA SCOTIA as the Rainmen tip off against the Quebec Kebs during Rogers Night at the Metro Centre this Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
Fans are invited to bring a non-perishable food item such as a box of Kraft Dinner or a noisy cash donation, such as a bottle full of change, to make noise for the home team. After the game, these items can be donated to FEED NOVA SCOTIA on the concourse of the Metro Centre in exchange for a voucher for free admission to any remaining 2012 regular season Rainmen home game. Items may also be donated before tip off if fans choose to do so.
"In the cold of winter, knowing a local food bank is there to help means so much to Nova Scotians who try desperately to stretch their limited budget," says Dianne Swinemar, executive director of FEED NOVA SCOTIA. "With the food and funds collected at events like this, we can continue to make strong shipments to our member agencies across the province, and this means families will have access to the food they need when items at the grocery store are simply out of reach."
Rainmen President & CEO, Andre Levingston understands that January is one of the lowest months for food donations and is keen to support the cause.
"Not only will this be a great game between two extremely talented teams, but it will also help the community leverage their passion for basketball to help the 22,505 people in Nova Scotia who are assisted by food banks monthly," said Levingston. "We are thrilled to be joining forces with Rogers to support FEED NOVA SCOTIA."
Tickets for Saturday's game can be purchased at Ticket Atlantic Locations or at the Metro Centre Box Office. To learn more about the Halifax Rainmen, please visit www.rainmenbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 19, 2012
- Rainmen Struck by Lightning - Halifax Rainmen
- Oshawa Power and Rogers Slam Dunk Day Sold Out - Mississauga Power
- Making Noise for a Great Cause - Halifax Rainmen
- Rogers Game Day Sunday - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse