Rainmen Drop Second Straight Road Game to Defending NBL Champions
(Halifax, NS) Halifax Rainmen lose their second straight road game to NBL Canada's defending champions. London Lightning beat the Halifax Rainmen 107-89.
Halifax took an early lead 6-0 in the opening minutes but it wouldn't last long as The London Lightning had eight unanswered points. Both teams struggled offensively in the first quarter and London grabbed the lead at the end of the quarter 16-10 with 14 points coming from uncontested layups.
London's offense began to click in the second quarter outscoring the Rainmen 34-19 shooting 45% from the field compared to Halifax's dismal 21%. The Lightning took the lead into the locker room 50-29.
The Halifax Rainmen came out in the second half making some big shots from the outside but London was matching each bucket. To end the third quarter London built their lead to 87-63.
London continued to control the game all the way through the fourth quarter not allowing the Rainmen to gain any momentum. London's offensive balance attack saw six Lightning players in double digits. DeAnthony Bowden had a game high 19 points, Elvin Mimms with 12, Adrian Moss with 11, Time Ellis with 15, Morgan lewis with 16 and DeAndre Thomas finished with13. Halifax also had five players hit double digits. Guard Darren Duncan lead the Rainmen with 18 points followed by Paul Nelson with 13, Joel Smith with 12, Hillary Haley and Josiah Turner each finished with 10.
The Rainmen fall to 0-2 for regular season and London go 1-0.
The Rainmen's regular season home opener takes place on Saturday, November 10 th at 7:00 p.m. when they face the Saint John Millrats.
Tickets for the November 10th home opener are available at any Ticket Atlantic location or by calling 444-RAIN.
For more information on the Halifax Rainmen, please visit www.rainmenbasketball.ca or follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/rainmenbasketball) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/halifaxrainmen).
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from November 3, 2012
- Power Squeak Past Express in Season Opener - Mississauga Power
- Rainmen Drop Second Straight Road Game to Defending NBL Champions - Halifax Rainmen
- Mill Rats Win Home Opener in Convincing Fashion - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse