Rainmen Defeat Miracles
The Halifax Rainmen gain their first regular season win by defeating the Moncton Miracles in a tight battle 87-83. Despite shooting 24-95, a dismal 25% from the field the Rainmen were able to hold off the Miracles for the victory. A game that saw many lead changes, free throws seemed to be the key for the Rainmen connecting on 36 of 43 (83%), while the Miracles not as successful making only 21 of 33 attempts (63%).
Brandon Robinson lead the Rainmen with 22 points and eight rebounds, followed by Joey haywood with 21, Josiah Turner with 11 and Hillary Haley finished with 10. Tyrone Levett lead all scorers with 23 points and seven rebounds. Lester Prosper had an impressive 13 points and hauled down 14 rebounds for the Moncton Miracles.
The Halifax Rainmen home opener of the 2012-13 National Basketball League of Canada season is this weekend, November 10th and 11th.
Tickets for the November 10th and 11th home openers are available at any Ticket Atlantic location or by calling 444-RAIN.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from November 8, 2012
- Lightning Strikes Twice - London Lightning
- Rainmen Defeat Miracles - Halifax Rainmen
- Miracles Get Washed out by the Rainmen - Moncton Miracles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse