Quick Surge Sinks the B-Sens
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators gave up three goals in the final period during a 4-1 loss against the Syracuse Crunch on Saturday night in the Onondaga County War Memorial Arena.
Despite Binghamton leading the shots 13-7 in the first period, no players found the back of the net and the teams went to the first intermission with a scoreless game.
Yanni Gourde opened the scoring for the night 6:24 into the middle frame with his 21st goal of the year. Cory Conacher passed the puck to Tye McGinn at the bottom of the right faceoff circle. McGinn saw Gourde coming up the slot and set up a shot for him that beat Chris Driedger on his left side. The B-Sens went to the final intermission trailing 1-0 and being outshot 21-20.
Binghamton scored first 1:52 into the final frame to tie up the game at 1-1. Chris Rumble set up a shot for Patrick Sieloff in the right faceoff circle that rebounded off Kristers Gudlevskis legs pads to Casey Bailey on the left side of the ice. Bailey sent home a shot and picked up his own rebound to put away his 16th goal of the year.
Syracuse responded with three goals over 2:06 to bring the final score to 4-1. Daniel Walcott scored first 35 seconds after Bailey's goal when he picked up a rebound at the left faceoff circle and put the puck behind Driedger. Erik Condra and Slater Koekkoek had the assists on Walcott's third goal of the year.
Gourde scored his second goal of the night 26 seconds later after he released a shot from the right faceoff dot over Driedger's shoulder. Conacher had his second assist of the night on Gourde's 22nd goal of the year.
Mathieu Brodeur scored his third of the year at the 4:33 mark with help from Condra and Walcott after he sent a screened shot to the top shelf of the net pushing the lead to 4-1.
Driedger completed the night with 36 saves while Gudlevskis had the win stopping 28 shots.
The B-Sens return home tomorrow, Sunday, March 5, with a special 5:05 p.m. puck drop against the Syracuse Crunch. Fans can purchase tickets on Sunday from 8:00 a.m. until the second intermission by calling (607) 722-7367 or visiting the B-Sens Executive Office on the third floor of the Arena. Fans can tune in on U.S. Country 96.9 FM, 680 AM, iHeartRadio's website and mobile app, and AHL Live.
For more information on tickets, including pricing and location, visit www.binghamtonsenators.com or call the Senators front office at 607-722-SENS (7367).
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.binghamtonsenators.com. Follow the Senators all year long on Facebook (/binghamtonsenators), Twitter (@SenatorsAHL), Instagram (@senatorsahl), Snapchat (@bsenshockey), and the team's Youtube channel (/BinghamtonSenators).
CLICK HERE FOR GAME PHOTOS / CREDIT: JUSTSPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 5, 2017
- B-Sens Win High-Scoring Thriller over Crunch, 6-4 - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Outlasted by Senators, 6-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars Deliver 6-2 Loss to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Survive Moose Attack for Eighth Straight Home Win - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Take Setback in Weekend Finale at Providence - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Drop 6-3 Verdict To Penguins - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dowling's Three Points Spark Stars to 6-2 - Texas Stars
- Dea, Warsofsky Lead Penguins to 6-3 Win over Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pulock Scores Lone Tally in 2-1 Loss to Utica - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Seven Bruins Score as Providence Wins 7-3 on Reds Night - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Blank Marlies 3-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Players to Visit Boston Store Monday Evening - Milwaukee Admirals
- Outdoor Practice Canceled, Autograph Session Set for Monday - Rockford IceHogs
- Comets Win Fifth Straight Game - Utica Comets
- GAME RECAP: Condors Pick Apart Checkers 7-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Cruise to Sixth Straight Win, 7-2 in Charlotte - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch Children's Dental Night Presented by Bankers - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Sign Forward Miles Koules to PTO - Cleveland Monsters
- Rangers Recall Tanner Glass and Steven - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Two-Goal Night Cannones Wild Past Hogs, 2-1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Reign Fall Short to Roadrunners, 2-1 - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Outshine Stars, 5-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Malone Scores Two in Wolves Debut to Help Cage Monsters - Chicago Wolves
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Trampled by Wolves, 7-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Power Past Senators, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Recap | Fedun Sends Amerks Past Sound Tigers in OT - Rochester Americans
- Stalock and Cannone Lead Iowa Past Rockford 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- THATCHER DEMKO'S SHUTOUT GIVES COMETS FOURTH CONSECUTIVE WIN - Utica Comets
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Manitoba 2 at Milwaukee 3 OT - Manitoba Moose
- Devils Shut out by Comets - Albany Devils
- Quick Surge Sinks the B-Sens - Binghamton Senators
- RECAP: Penguins Fall to Bears, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- GAME RECAP: Checkers' Rally Falls Flat in 5-2 Loss to Bakersfield - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Win Their Fifth Straight Game, 5-2 in Charlotte - Bakersfield Condors