Pats Deal Krane to Moose Jaw
REGINA - The Regina Pats announced Thursday the club has dealt 20-year-old forward Riley Krane to the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2023 WHL Bantam Draft.
The Dawson Creek, B.C. product was drafted by Regina in the eighth round of the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft (168th overall) and made his debut with the Pats during the 2016-17 season, appearing in five regular season and six playoff games.
Krane went on to spend the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons in the Queen City, combining for 28 goals and 28 assists over 124 regular season games. In total, Krane suited up in 135 games with the Regiment, amassing 57 points.
"It was a tough thing to trade Riley, as he's been a really good Pat in every way during his time in Regina. We wish him the best moving forward," said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Paddock.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 17, 2020
- Winterhawks Learn from Distinguished NHL Guests - Portland Winterhawks
- Svejkovsky & Tigers Win Inaugural Memorial eCup Presented by Kia - WHL
- Michael King and James Porter Released - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks U: Players Go to School with NHL Executives - Portland Winterhawks
- Broncos Acquire Defenceman Cayde Augustine from Moose Jaw - Swift Current Broncos
- Warriors Acquire Krane - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Pats Deal Krane to Moose Jaw - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.