Orange County Derail El Paso Locomotive
Orange County SC got the first half underway during the first Fiesta De Futbol on a clear evening. While the temps cooled, the game heated up, with both sides having good opportunities going forward.
El Paso looked the most dangerous early on, with Salgado and Kiesewetter combining well down the right wing on counterattacks. Fortunately for Orange County, they weren't able to find the net, with two successive shots rolling just wide of the far post. While their chances came closest to finding the back of the net, the Locomotive did not look the better side in the opening half hour.
Orange County had chances of their own, mostly crosses from wide areas. It took time, but OC continued to pepper the El Paso box with crosses. They broke the deadlock in the 36th minute as Michael Seaton headed home a set piece cross from Harry Forrester.
El Paso had no response and OCSC led at the break, 1-0.
Orange County started the second half well and piled on the pressure. El Paso, limited in possession, was unable to build up a dangerous attack.
Just before the hour mark, Darwin Jones doubled the lead, trapping a ball well and sliding it past Ketterer at the far post.
El Paso then began to show signs of life and began a long spell of possession, testing the Orange County defense repeatedly. Frederik Due continued his run of incredible form, commanding his area and clearing out loose balls to give the entire team a short rest.
Much like the beginning of the match, both teams had chances, but neither could convert and the match finished 2-0.
After the match, Harry Forrester spoke about the recent run of form for OCSC: "It's so much easier to get results when we're not trying to chase the game. We've done well to work together and it's made all the difference over the last few weeks."
Head Coach Braeden Cloutier had similar comments: "It feels good looking at where we are now from the last eight weeks. We'll enjoy it tonight but we start again tomorrow. From fourth to twelfth is still really tight so we have to keep doing what we're doing and keep believing."
36' Michael Seaton (Harry Forrester)
58' Darwin Jones (Michael Seaton)
45' Richie Ryan (yellow)
90' ChiroÌ N'Toko (yellow)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 15, 2019
- Reno Picks up Three Points on Road at Austin - Reno 1868 FC
- Austin Bold â?? 1 Reno 1868 FC â?? 2 Post-Game Notes - Reno 1868 FC
- Republic FC Come Back to Defeat RGV FC 2-1 at Home - Sacramento Republic FC
- Sacramento's Late Goal Upset Toros on the Road - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Orange County Derail El Paso Locomotive - Orange County SC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Falls to Indy Eleven 2-1 - Philadelphia Union II
- Preview: Nashville Looks to Find More Magic against Birmingham Legion on Tuesday Night - Nashville SC
- Delay Can't Stop New Mexico - New Mexico United
- Club Statement Regarding Tonight's Phoenix Rising vs. LA Galaxy II Match - Phoenix Rising FC
- Luces Hunt Down the Zorros - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- Orange County SC vs. Sacramento Republic FC Match Postponed
- OCSC Selects Youngest Ever 18-Man Matchday Roster
- OCSC Travel North to Take on Republic FC
- Orange County SC Agrees to Historic Transfer with VFL Wolfsburg for Bryang Kayo
- Orange County Pick up First Win of 2020