Opening Homestand Promotions
The Salt Lake Bees open up the home slate of games for the 2017 season at Smith's Ballpark on Tuesday night. Salt Lake will be home for seven games, four against the Sacramento River Cats (Triple-A San Francisco Giants), followed by three against the Fresno Grizzlies (Triple-A Houston Astros). Below is an overview of the game times, activities, giveaways and community nights happening at the ballpark over the homestand.
Tuesday, April 11 vs. Sacramento River Cats, 6:35 p.m.
First series of the year against the Sacramento River Cats, last season the Bees finished 11-5 against the Triple-A affiliate of the Giants. San Francisco top prospects pitcher Tyler Beede (#1 prospect according to MLB.com) and shortstop Christian Arroyo (#2) are currently with the River Cats. Opening Day at Smith's Ballpark includes full team introductions and players greeting fans at the gates. 2017 Salt Lake Bees Magnet Schedules will be given out at the gates, courtesy of Western Governors University.
Wednesday, April 12 vs. Sacramento River Cats, 6:35 p.m.
Cyprus Credit Union $1 Hot Dog Night. 2017 Salt Lake Bees Magnet Schedules will be given out at the gates, courtesy of Western Governors University.
Thursday, April 13 vs. Sacramento River Cats, 6:35 p.m.
Coors Thirsty Thursday with $2.75 drinks. 2017 Salt Lake Bees Magnet Schedules will be given out at the gates, courtesy of Western Governors University.
Friday, April 14 vs. Sacramento River Cats, 6:35 p.m.
First fireworks night of the season presented by Western Governors University. Post-Game Kids Run. Following the fireworks show kids 12-and-under can run the bases. 2017 Salt Lake Bees Magnet Schedules will be given out at the gates, courtesy of Western Governors University.
Saturday, April 15 vs. Fresno Grizzlies, 6:35 p.m.
First game of the season against the Fresno Grizzlies. The Bees went 8-8 against the Triple-A affiliate of the Astros in 2016. Three top 10 Astros prospects as ranked by MLBpipeline.com are currently on the Fresno roster including pitcher Francis Martes (#1), outfielder Derek Fisher (#4) and outfielder Teoscar Hernandez (#7). The Bees will honor the 70th Anniversary of Jackie Robinson's first Major League game with video features throughout the night, including an interview with former Utah Jazz Head Coach and President Frank Layden who was in attendance at Ebbets Field in 1947 for Robinson's debut. Post-Game Kids Run. Following the fireworks show kids 12-and-under can run the bases.
Sunday, April 16 vs. Fresno Grizzlies, 1:05 p.m.
First day home game of the year with a 1.05 p.m. matinee start time. University of Utah Health Safe in the Sunday.
Monday, April 17 vs. Fresno Grizzlies, 6:35 p.m.
Smith's Family Night, four tickets and four hot dogs can be purchased for just $20 at Smith's Tix locations.
Additional details about all Bees promotions are available at www.slbees.com .
Tickets can be purchased online at www.slbees.com, the Smith's Ballpark box office, Smith's Tix outlets. Group outings, picnics or suites can be purchased by calling the Bees group sales office at 801-325-BEES (2337).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 11, 2017
- Sky Sox Announce a Series of Roster Moves - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- No. 2 Royals Prospect Matt Strahm Joins Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sky Sox, Colorado Springs Airport Partner on Exciting Trip Promotion - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Duncan's Strong Debut and Aces' Late Offense Leads to Series Finale - Reno Aces
- Opening Homestand Promotions - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Rally Snaps Grizz Three-Game Win Streak - Fresno Grizzlies
- After Quiet Game One, River Cats Rally to Take Game 2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers, River Cats Split Doubleheader - Tacoma Rainiers
- Round Rock Express Walk to 5-4 Win over Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Drop Season Opening Series Rubber Match - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Rally in Ninth to Top 'Cakes, 7-6 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.