Oklahoma Cavalry Defeat Yakama Sun Kings; Advance to CBA Finals
ALBANY, NY (March 15, 2008) - With tonight's victory over the two time defending champion Yakama Sun Kings, the Oklahoma Cavalry capture the National Conference Championship and advance to the CBA Finals. This is the first time the CBA Finals will be contested in the state of Oklahoma since 1997, when the Oklahoma City Cavalry defeated the Florida Beachdogs in six games.
The Cavalry swept the Sun Kings, two games to none, in the National Conference Finals. They defeated the Sun Kings 101-99 in Game One in Oklahoma and then concluded the series with a 103-90 victory tonight. This two game sweep ends the Sun Kings season. They finished the season with a 43-7 record.
The Cavalry will now wait to see the outcome of the Minot - Pittsburgh series. If Minot wins the series, Oklahoma will host games one and two with the remaining games in Minot. If Pittsburgh wins the series, they will host games one and two, with the final three games taking place in Oklahoma.
• Discuss this story on the Continental Basketball Association 1 message board...
Continental Basketball Association 1 Stories from March 14, 2008
- Oklahoma Cavalry Defeat Yakama Sun Kings; Advance to CBA Finals - Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry
- Oklahoma Cavalry Announces Dance Team Tryouts - Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry
- James "Boo" Jackson named CBA Newcomer of the Year - CBA 1
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry Stories
- Cavs Defeat Number 2 Kebs, 97-95
- Cavs Bite Razorsharks Back With A Vengeance, 85-80
- Cavs Host Last Two Home Games of the Season
- Cavs Fall Short to the Sharks
- Cavs Beat Stallions for Fourth Time