OC Back at Home against Vegas
IRVINE, Calif. - Orange County SC is back at Championship Stadium after two consecutive road matches, hosting Las Vegas Lights for the second time this year.
OC is in fourth place in Group B, just three points behind second-placed LA Galaxy II. Las Vegas is in fifth, 13 points off of the playoff places. Las Vegas lost to Los Dos on Tuesday night.
Orange County took 12 shots but couldn't find the back of the net in their last match, a 2-0 loss to San Diego. The result saw the fellow SoCal side leapfrog over OC and back into playoff contention.
The last match between these two teams was a 3-1 upset win for Las Vegas. A win could see OC climb into third, level on points with Los Dos.
It is a do-or-die match for OC as they look to make the playoffs for the third straight year.
The gap between this match and Sunday's loss to San Diego is the longest time between matches that Orange County has had since August 12. With fresher legs, OC should have the strength to pick up all three points against their opponents.
While OC didn't score Sunday night, Ugo Okoli, Cammy Palmer and Aodhan Quinn still showed their danger in creating chances. OC will now shift their focus towards converting those chances into goals with just four matches remain in the regular season.
Harry Forrester is unavailable for selection. Aodhan Quinn is one yellow card away from a suspension for accumulation.
The match kicks off at 7 p.m. Pacific at Championship Stadium at the Orange County Great Park. The game will be broadcast live on COX YurView in Orange County and ESPN+ elsewhere in the United States. The game is also available internationally on the USL Championship YouTube channel.
For people living in Orange County, Palos Verdes and Santa Barbara Counties, you can stream the match for free via the link below:
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 18, 2020
- Reno Looks to Keep Lead on Group a in Trip to Portland - Reno 1868 FC
- Match Notes, SAFC vs. OKC Energy FC 9.19.20 - San Antonio FC
- Phoenix Rising Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- San Antonio FC Adds Defender Liam Doyle and Midfielder Ethan Bryant to Roster - San Antonio FC
- Charlotte Independence v North Carolina FC: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- SD Loyal Travels to Arizona to Face First Place Phoenix Rising FC - San Diego Loyal
- Republic FC Go Gold for Childhood Cancer Awareness Night Presented by UC Davis Health - Sacramento Republic FC
- Real Monarchs Visit El Paso Locomotive FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Preview: Republic FC vs. Tacoma Defiance - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with LouCity vs. Memphis - Louisville City FC
- OC Back at Home against Vegas - Orange County SC
- Tacoma Defiance Falls 3-2 Thursday Evening at Reno 1868 FC - Tacoma Defiance
- Reno Clinches Fourth-Straight Trip to Playoffs in 3-2 Win - Reno 1868 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members
- Orange County SC Transfers Keeper Aaron Cervantes to Glasgow Rangers FC
- Daniel Finlayson Transferred to St Mirren FC
- OCSC Face LA Galaxy II in Pivotal Match
- Orange County Face Phoenix Rising for Crucial Match