Republic FC Go Gold for Childhood Cancer Awareness Night Presented by UC Davis Health
This Sunday, when Republic FC host Tacoma Defiance, they'll join soccer clubs around the country raising support and awareness of childhood cancers and the impact for patients and their families. Every September, MLS clubs join together during national Childhood Cancer Awareness month for the league's Kick Childhood Cancer initiative, in addition to Republic FC's year-round efforts including such as patient visits at UC Davis Children's Hospital and the annual St. Baldrick's fundraiser. With the help of the club's Indomitable Partner UC Davis Health, the club will share information and grow awareness about childhood cancer on the team's social channels, and during the match broadcast and throughout the remainder of September.
Donate to Childhood Cancer Research
As one of only only approximately 50 cancer centers in the country to achieve comprehensive designation from the National Cancer Institute, the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center is recognized for its advances in cancer research, innovative technologies, and personalized treatments based on specific characteristics of cancers. Pediatric patients coming to UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center for cancer treatment have access to leading-edge clinical trials of new therapies rarely offered at community hospitals, a full complement of supportive programs while in treatment, and the region's only clinic for managing the long-term effects of treatment on survivors of childhood cancers.
On the field, the club will switch its nets to gold, along with a special pre-game warm up jerseys featuring UC Davis Health emblazoned on the front with a center-chest gold ribbon - the symbol for Childhood Cancer Awareness month center chest. Behind the nets, Republic FC's On Target will feature 10 bullseyes for opponents to take aim and fire at. For every target hit, Republic FC will donate $500 to charities that support childhood cancer patients and their families.
Sunday's match will feature four more targets than normal, for a total of eight targets.
To support pediatric cancer research and to help the team at UC Davis Health better serve pediatric cancer patients and the impacted families, Republic FC fans can donate here to advance patient outcomes.
Learn more about additional Republic FC Childhood Cancer Awareness initiatives, including an upcoming auction benefiting cancer research, at SacRepublicFC.com/UCDH.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 18, 2020
- Reno Looks to Keep Lead on Group a in Trip to Portland - Reno 1868 FC
- Match Notes, SAFC vs. OKC Energy FC 9.19.20 - San Antonio FC
- Phoenix Rising Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- San Antonio FC Adds Defender Liam Doyle and Midfielder Ethan Bryant to Roster - San Antonio FC
- Charlotte Independence v North Carolina FC: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- SD Loyal Travels to Arizona to Face First Place Phoenix Rising FC - San Diego Loyal
- Republic FC Go Gold for Childhood Cancer Awareness Night Presented by UC Davis Health - Sacramento Republic FC
- Real Monarchs Visit El Paso Locomotive FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Preview: Republic FC vs. Tacoma Defiance - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with LouCity vs. Memphis - Louisville City FC
- OC Back at Home against Vegas - Orange County SC
- Tacoma Defiance Falls 3-2 Thursday Evening at Reno 1868 FC - Tacoma Defiance
- Reno Clinches Fourth-Straight Trip to Playoffs in 3-2 Win - Reno 1868 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Hayden Sargis Selected as Young Player of the Year Finalist
- Sam Werner and Tomas Hilliard-Arce Announce Retirement
- SRFC & SCOE Introduce Republic PE: A New Way for Students to Stay Active at Home
- Nominations Now Open for Latinx Edition of Republic FC Kickstart
- In Case You Missed It: Republic FC Celebrate #MLS2Sac Anniversary with Community Partnerships & Stadium News