No Miracle for Halifax in Tough Loss to Moncton
The Halifax Rainmen's home woes continued Friday night as they lost 98-97 to the Moncton Miracles before a raucous crowd inside the Scotiabank Centre. The loss moves the Rainmen to 5-5 in the Atlantic Division, and is their fourth consecutive loss at home.
Halifax had difficulty finding rhythm early on in the first quarter, however as the quarter drew to a close they battled back, closing the Moncton lead to four points. At the end of the first half of play Halifax held a slim 50-47 lead over their opponents. The second half saw the lead change several times between the two teams, with Moncton holding a 10 point advantage early in the fourth. As time ran down the Rainmen chipped away at the lead, closing the gap to one, however they were unable to provide the last second heroics needed to secure the victory.
Joey Haywood led the Rainmen with 18 points on the night, Emmanuel Jones contributed a double double, 17 points and 11 rebounds, and Kevin Young fell just short of a double double himself, putting up 14 points and 9 rebounds. The Miracles were led by Stanley Robinson who had 21 points and 12 rebounds. Darryl Smith contributed 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Miracles as well.
The Rainmen will be back in action tomorrow evening in Saint John when they take on the Mill Rats inside Harbour Station. This is the beginning of a four game stretch against the Mill Rats. Halifax will be back at home on December 26th for a 2pm tilt against the Mill Rats. Tickets are available at the Scotiabank Box Office, through Ticket Atlantic, or by visiting www.rainmenbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from December 19, 2014
- A's Halt the Express in Final Minutes - Orangeville A's
- A's Outlast Express with Big Fourth Quarter - Windsor Express
- No Miracle for Halifax in Tough Loss to Moncton - Halifax Rainmen
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse