NLL Announces Updated Playoff Format
With two expansion teams entering the league this season - including your San Diego Seals - and two more set to begin play next year, the NLL has announced an updated playoff format which increases the number of playoff teams to eight. Below is a breakdown of the new format.
Round 1 - The East and West Division winners will be seeded #1 within their respective divisions and play the respective #4 seeds, while the #2 and #3 seeds play each other in the first round. The highest seed hosts round 1.
Division Finals - A one-game final in each division will be hosted by the highest remaining seed of the winners in Round 1.
NLL Finals - East vs. West Division winners will play in a best two-out-of-three series. The highest remaining seed will host games one and three (if necessary).
The San Diego Seals kick off their inaugural season on the road this Sat., Dec. 22 against the Colorado Mammoth at 6:00 PM PST. The home-opener is set for Sat., Jan. 12 at 7:00pm PST at Pechanga Arena San Diego. Single game tickets are now on sale at SealsLax.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from December 19, 2018
- Seals Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Seals
- Warriors Host the Biggest Holiday Party in the City - Vancouver Warriors
- NLL Announces Updated Playoff Format - San Diego Seals
- NLL Appoints Two Circles to Drive Business Growth - NLL
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.