Nighthawks and Blue Sox Suspended
HOLYOKE, Mass. - Friday evening's New England Collegiate Baseball League contest between the Upper Valley Nighthawks and host Valley Blue Sox was halted and eventually suspended with two outs in the top of the fifth inning due to rain. The game will be continued prior to the regularly scheduled game between the teams on Tuesday evening at 5 PM.
Two first-inning runs put the Upper Valley Nighthawks in front of the Valley Blue Sox, while Cole Stetzar made the lead stick until the initial delay. The St. Joseph's University product was nearly through four innings and had allowed just two hits.
The team returns home tomorrow night for Diamond Dig Night, sponsored by Von Bargen's Jewelry. Come ready to dig and take advantage of your opportunity to go home with a real diamond! First pitch in the season finale of the Governor's Cup battle is scheduled for 6:30 P.M. Upper Valley will send RHP Brian Weissert to the hill, while Vermont will counter with Levi Abrahamson. Patrick Cavanaugh and Andrew Whalen will call the game on the NECBL Broadcast Network.
• Discuss this story on the New England Collegiate Baseball League message board...
New England Collegiate Baseball League Stories from July 27, 2018
- Nighthawks and Blue Sox Suspended - Upper Valley Nighthawks
- Mainers Snap Skid With a 10 Spot - Sanford Mainers
- Gulls Drop Third Straight 5-1 - Newport Gulls
- Two out Hitting Proves Big as Vermont Beats Plymouth 5-3 - Vermont Mountaineers
- Golden, Young Named 2018 NECBL Fan Vote Winners - NECBL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.