New York Liberty Waive Toni Young
NEW YORK, NY - June 21, 2014 - New York Liberty Head Coach and General Manager Bill Laimbeer announced today that the team has waived second-year forward Toni Young.
Young, a 6-0 forward from Oklahoma State University, was selected in the first round (seventh overall) of the 2013 WNBA Draft. As a rookie she appeared in 31 games with 10 starts, averaging 4.1 points and 1.9 rebounds per game. In 2014, Young saw action in eight games and averaged 1.1 points per contest.
New York will play its second of back-to-back games against the Atlanta Dream on Sunday, June 22 at 3:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 21, 2014
- New York Liberty Waive Toni Young - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- New York Liberty Introduce "Ellie the Elephant" as Team's New Mascot
- Jocelyn Willoughby Injury Update
- Liberty Add Jacki Gemelos to 2021 Coaching Staff
- New York Liberty Announce 2021 Training Camp Roster
- New York Liberty Select Michaela Onyenwere No. 6 Overall in 2021 WNBA Draft