New Orleans VooDoo Coach Mike Neu to be inducted into Ball State Hall of Fame
New Orleans VooDoo Coach Mike Neu has been selected to enter the Ball State University Athletics Hall of Fame, it has been announced by the school.
The five years that I spent there were great and taught me a lot of lessons both on and off the field, as well as providing me with a great education, said Neu. I was fortunate to play for a great head coach in Paul Schudel and outstanding offensive coordinators in Kit Cartwright and Bill Lynch and I owe my success as a player to my teammates and coaches.
Neu, was a quarterback for the Ball State football team from 1989-93. He was the winner of the Mid American Conferences Vern Smith Award as the leagues most valuable player and won the MAC Offensive Player of the Year award after helping the Cardinals to an 8-3-1 overall record, a 7-0-1 league mark and the MAC Championship. An All-MAC First-Team choice and Ball States MVP as a senior, Neu started all 11 games as a senior and 38-of-41 games in his four seasons. He still maintains the Ball State career record for most passing yards (6,271), most passes attempted (970) and most passes completed (580) and completed his career as the schools all-time leader for touchdown passes thrown.
Neu and the other five new members will be inducted on the weekend of January 28-29.
New Orleans VooDoo season tickets are now available for the 2005 campaign starting as low as $96 for the entire season. For additional information, please call (504) 731-1700.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from December 30, 2004
- L.A. Avengers open training camp for 2005 season - Los Angeles Avengers
- Kats To Hold Second Open House On January 8 - Nashville Kats
- Destroyers kick off training camp Tuesday - Columbus Destroyers
- Desperados set to open camp January 4 - Dallas Desperados
- Philadelphia Soul open 2005 training camp - Philadelphia Soul
- New Orleans VooDoo Coach Mike Neu to be inducted into Ball State Hall of Fame - New Orleans VooDoo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.