NBA TV To Televise 2009 NBA D-League Draft On November 5
Tulsa, Okla., October 7, 2009 - The Tulsa 66ers and NBA Development League announced today that its 2009 Draft will take place from the NBA TV studio in Atlanta, GA on Thursday, Nov. 5. The live selection show highlights the ninth-annual draft which offers NBA D-League teams the opportunity to build their rosters from a pool of promising players. The draft will be televised on NBA TV and streamed live online on NBA.com (www.nba.com/dleague) beginning at 6 p.m. (CST).
During the telecast, NBA TV host Rick Kamla will share the stage with NBA D-League Vice President of Basketball Operations and Player Personnel Chris Alpert to provide insight into the draft proceedings and the composition of NBA D-League team rosters.
The 66ers will select 16th in the Draft, as determined by a lottery drawing at the NBA D-League's annual coaches meeting held in Dallas on Sept. 29, 2009.
Forty players previously selected in NBA D-League Drafts have earned Gatorade Call-Ups to the NBA, including Portland's Ime Udoka, Golden State's Mikki Moore and Houston's Chuck Hayes, while the 2008 NBA D-League Draft produced Gatorade Call-Ups Jermareo Davidson, Cartier Martin, and James White. Fifty percent of players selected in the first round of the 2008 NBA D-League Draft had NBA experience prior to being drafted in the NBA D-League, while six of those selected earned First Team All-NBA D-League honors following the season.
Each of the NBA D-League's 16 teams will be given one pick in each of the eight rounds. No trades will be permitted during the draft and only players signed to an NBA Development League Standard Player Contract are eligible to be selected.
The NBA D-League Draft utilizes a "serpentine" format, meaning the order will be reversed in each of the eight rounds. For example, the 66ers pick 16th in the first round and will select first in the second round, giving them the 17th overall choice.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 7, 2009
- Former Viper Brooks Leads Rockets Past Celtics In Front Of Record Crowd At Dodge Arena - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Hire Paul Mokeski As Assistant Coach - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Rosas Named GM of Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Announces Staff Addition - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Fans Invited to Binga's Stadium to View NBA TV Telecast of NBA D-League Draft - Maine Red Claws
- NBA TV To Televise 2009 NBA D-League Draft On November 5 - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA TV to Televise 2009 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- Bighorns' National Anthem Audition Date Change - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Announce Shindigz Birthday Spectacular - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns To Hold Auditions For National Anthem Performers - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.