Native American Scholarship Returns for 2019-20 Season
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bandits today announced the return of the Native American Scholarship, which will be awarded on Native American Night presented by Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino on Saturday, March 14, when the Bandits face the New England Black Wolves.
The winner of the scholarship will be awarded $1,000. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be of Native American descent and residents of Western New York or Southern Ontario. The scholarship is only open to students currently enrolled at or accepted to an accredited college or university. To be considered, applicants must complete the application form found at Bandits.com/Scholarship, which requests a copy of their most recent transcripts, a letter of recommendation from a faculty sponsor or employer and a one-page essay describing why they should be awarded the scholarship and what it would mean to them.
A selection committee composed of members of the Buffalo Bandits organization will choose the scholarship winner. The winner will then be notified by Friday, March 13 and expected to be available to accept the scholarship on Saturday, March 14 at the Bandits' game against the New England Black Wolves at 7 p.m.
To submit your application, visit Bandits.com/Scholarship. All applications must be submitted with all accompanying documentation no later than Tuesday, March 9.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 25, 2020
- Native American Scholarship Returns for 2019-20 Season - Buffalo Bandits
- Join the Knighthawks for the Official Postgame Party Following Saturday's Home Game against the Riptide - Rochester Knighthawks
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bandits Stories
- Pegula Sports Provides $1.2 Million in Aid to WNY
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment
- Bandits Issue Statement Regarding NLL's Decision to Pause Season
- Bandits Unable to Hold Late Lead in Loss to Halifax
- First Place on the Line in Rubber Match Between Bandits and Thunderbirds