NAHL to Participate in 2019 Sirius Junior Club World Cup
JOHNSTOWN - The North American Hockey League (NAHL) is pleased to announce that it will be developing and sending a team to represent the league and the United States at the 2019 Sirius Junior Club World Cup.
This is the first year that the NAHL has participated in an international tournament, so these 24 guys are part of something historic. For this tournament, sanctioned by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), one player is chosen from each NAHL team to participate in the tournament. This team is fondly thought of as an all-star team of sorts, and the Tomahawks' own Chris Trouba has been chosen to represent Johnstown in this worldwide tournament.
As for Trouba, he himself is very humbled and excited to have an opportunity such as this. "I am super excited to represent the Tomahawks organization and the city of Johnstown. It's a honor to have been selected, and I'm excited for us to show the world the kind of high caliber talent the NAHL produces."
"The NAHL could not have chosen a more deserving player than Chris to be part of the team heading to Russia. He has been an absolute warrior for us here in Johnstown and an outstanding captain. His two way defensive game, hard- nosed style, and incredible leadership should be a vital part of the team. I could not be prouder of him as the first ever representative of the Tomahawks to participate in this event," said Head Coach Mike Letizia of Chris.
The tournament will take place in Sochi, Russia, and will go on from August 23rd to the 31st . During those days, junior league teams from all around the world will compete with each other and build a greater love for the game.
Mark Frankenfeld, NAHL Commissioner and President, commented, "This is another great example of the NAHL defining itself as the League of Opportunity, as we continue to make an investment in and provide our players with an experience they can only get while playing in our league."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from July 10, 2019
- Jackalopes Add Adam Phillips to Coaching Staff - Odessa Jackalopes
- NAHL to Participate in 2019 Sirius Junior Club World Cup - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Nick Trela of Bulls Named to Play for Team NAHL at Junior Club World Cup - Amarillo Bulls
- Minnesota Wilderness 2019/20 Game Schedule Released - Minnesota Wilderness
- Wilderness Forward Horn Selected for Junior World Cup in Sochi - Minnesota Wilderness
- Black Bears Announce the Atlantic Maintenance Group Will be the Official Sponsor the of the 'Maryland Black Bears' Bear Patrol' - Maryland Black Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Johnstown Tomahawks Stories
- Two Time Cup Champion Phil Bourque to Drop First Puck at Home Opener September 27
- Tomahawks Open Season on the Road
- Tomahawks Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- NAHL to Participate in 2019 Sirius Junior Club World Cup
- Tomahawks Try-Out Camp To Be Held At 1st Summit Arena