Mustangs Rodgers Receives Spalding Highlight of the Week
MILWAUKEE (June 12, 2012) - Milwaukee Mustangs defensive back Kelvin Rodgers has been awarded the Spalding Highlight of the Week after his performance against the Philadelphia Soul in Week 14 of the Arena Football League season.
Rodgers (6'1, 180, Minnesota State) continued to show his X factor ability last week, as he returned two kickoffs for touchdowns, while adding a 54-yard return in the second quarter. His first two returns of the game resulted in points.
Rodgers was awarded the Spalding Highlight of the Week honor for his opening 58-yard kickoff return touchdown against the Soul last Friday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center for the Mustangs throwback night. He now has five touchdown returns since joining the Mustangs earlier this year and six kick return touchdowns overall this season.
This is Rodgers second time receiving the Spalding Highlight of the Week honor and is his third AFL honor thus far in the 2012 Arena Football League Season. He was also awarded the JLS Ironman of the Week honor in Week 9.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 12, 2012
- Shock Ready for Familiar Foe and Faces - Spokane Shock
- Mustangs Rodgers Receives Spalding Highlight of the Week - Milwaukee Mustangs
- SaberCats Defensive Lineman Joe Sykes Brings Home Week 14 Honors - San Jose SaberCats
- Shipp, Sykes and Harvey Earn Week 14 Honors - AFL
- An Arena Football League Open Letter - AFL
- Utah Hits the Road to Face Heated Division Opponent - Utah Blaze
- SaberCats Add Defensive Lineman Jason Stewart - San Jose SaberCats
- Talons Honor Armed Forces With Military Appreciation Game - San Antonio Talons
- Bussey and Williams Head to CFL, B. Jones Returns - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.