Momentum Builds for Grey Cup Unite
November 12, 2020 - Canadian Football League (CFL) News Release
TORONTO - Momentum around Grey Cup Unite is rapidly growing with the free and safe celebration of our game set to start in just four days.
Each of the Canadian Football League's nine clubs announced their own local events earlier today, adding to those previously announced by the league, bringing the total to almost 40 activities for fans planned for November 16 to 22.
They include virtual tailgate parties, classic Grey Cup traditions such as The Spirit of Edmonton and Touchdown Manitoba, reunions honouring past Grey Cup champion teams and coaching clinics for amateur coaches and players.
"The spirit of Grey Cup is alive and well despite the challenges of 2020," said Randy Ambrosie, Commissioner of the CFL.
"I want to salute our clubs for leaning in and our partners for getting behind this exciting idea. Most of all, I want to thank our fans. Their response to Grey Cup Unite been overwhelmingly positive. That's why it's growing every day."
Fans can find the full slate of online events at GreyCupUnite.ca. The CFL reminds everyone that you need to register to attend and you can do that, as well, at GreyCupUnite.ca.
The CFL first announced last month that it would host a series of virtual events for fans and the media at the time of year usually highlighted by Grey Cup week. Despite having to cancel its 2020 season because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the league wants to demonstrate the power of Canadian football, and especially the Grey Cup, to bring Canadians together.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from November 12, 2020
- Panel Announced for Diversity Is Strength: Racial Justice Roundtable During Grey Cup Unite - CFL
- Mark's and SiriusXM Canada Team up to Bring New Fan Events to Grey Cup Unite - CFL
- Blue Bombers Invite Manitobans to Take Part in Grey Cup Unite - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Grey Cup Unite: Many Important Can't Miss Moments with the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Momentum Builds for Grey Cup Unite - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Argos Announce Exciting Events for Grey Cup Unite November 16-22, 2020 - Toronto Argonauts
- Momentum Builds for Grey Cup Unite - CFL
- Roughriders Invite Rider Nation to Celebrate Grey Cup Unite - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Announce Plans for Grey Cup Unite Week, Including Unveil of 2021 Grey Cup & Grey Cup Festival Brands on Tsn - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.