Mitchell Walters out with ACL Injury
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 20, 2013 - Harrisburg Heat forward Mitchell Walters is not expected to play again this season after injuring the ACL in his left knee, the team announced today.
Walters, a second-year player from Hummelstown, was injured during the first half of the Heat's 11-3 loss on Nov. 10 in Cleveland.
The injury came the day after Walters posted a career-high three goals with an assist in the Heat's 8-7, season- opening victory in Detroit. He then sat out last Saturday's 8-5 loss to Detroit at the Equine Arena.
Walters, 24, who played scholastically at Lower Dauphin High and collegiately at Slippery Rock, had four goals and four assists in 11 games as a rookie last season for the Heat.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from November 20, 2013
- Mitchell Walters out with ACL Injury - Harrisburg Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Heat Stories
- Harrisburg Heat Announce First Off-Season Player Signings
- Heat Close out 2018-19 Season with 9-6 Victory over Metro Stars
- Game Preview April 6 - Mississauga MetroStars vs. Harrisburg Heat
- Harrisburg Takes Down Baltimore in Thrilling 4-3 Overtime Win
- Game Preview - Baltimore Blast vs. Harrisburg Heat